Tuesday, December 14, 2010

What are the effects of Republic act No. 1425(Rizal Law) to Filipino students


I have always loved my poor country
and i am sure that I shall love her
until death, if by chance men are
unjust to me; and I shall enjoy the
happy life, contented in the thought
that all that I have suffered, my past,
my present and my future, my life, my
love, my pleasures, i have sacrificed all
of these for love of her.
Happen, what may, I shall die blessing
her and desiring the dawn of her redemption 
-Jose Rizal-

The Rizal Law also known as Republic Act No. 1425 is an Act to Include in the Curricula of All Public and Private Schools, Colleges and Universities courses on the Life Works and Writings of JOSE RIZAL, particularly his novels NOLI ME TANGERE and EL FILIBUSTERISMO, Authorizing the Printing and Distribution Thereof, and for Other Purposes.

What is the effect of the Rizal Law in Philippine Education?

There are good and bad effects of adding Rizal subject in the curriculum of every institution of the Philippines because almost all of the students see it as another burden to them.

For me being one of the students who are studying the life and works of Rizal see this subject as another pain in the head because if you are going to study Rizal’s life and work you must read his works first before you understand. And by this I find it hard because I’m not that studious kind of student so I find it hard to study.

But on the other hand, studying Rizal’s life and works could help young Filipinos to know about the history of Philippines as well as what happened to our country during the colonization of Spain  and how our ancestors gone through discrimination and corruption during Spanish era.

No comments:

Post a Comment